A microwave is a kitchen multi-tasker that can save time and making cooking a whole lot simpler and more convenient. Seartec, proud distributor of Sharp, knows that modern life doesn’t leave a lot of time for spending in the kitchen. But why should anyone have to compromise on eating delicious meals? The answer lies in using a microwave to its full potential.
Here are some handy hints on how to make the most of your microwave oven:
- Make potato chips in the microwave with ease. Slice potatoes into rounds about half a cm thick. Arrange them flat on a plate in a single layer and microwave for three minutes. Then decrease the power, flip them and microwave for another three minutes. Repeat this until they are crispy and ready to eat. Add your favourite seasoning to finish them off.
- Tired of buying fresh herbs from the garden only to use a small portion and have the rest go bad? Dry the rest so that they can be used at your leisure. Trim the stems and place the leaves on a paper plate or towel. Microwave them for around two to four minutes, flipping every 30 seconds. It’s that simple.
- Everyone hates chopping onions, but microwaving them beforehand eliminates tears from the equation! – Zapping a clove of garlic in the microwave for 20 seconds before peeling it makes the cloves slide out of the skin with ease.
- Heat citrus fruit for about 30 seconds before juicing. The skin should be warm to the touch afterwards. That way, they will yield a larger amount of freshly-squeezed juice.
- Peeling tomatoes too much of a chore? Microwaving them for 20 seconds and letting them stand for two minutes will make the peel slip off smoothly.
- Finally, microwaves are very nifty for cleaning and sterilising kitchen equipment. Soak kitchen sponges in water, wring them out and microwave for two minutes to kill bacteria and leave the sponges squeaky-clean. Or rub a chopping board with the cut side of half a lemon and microwave for a minute to get it spotless. And to get the microwave itself sparkling clean just cut a lemon in half and put it into a bowl of water. Microwave this for five minutes and then remove and wipe down the inside of the microwave.
Sharp’s R990N and R960N microwave ovens have an array of features, including a convection and grill function, which means that a variety of meals – including a roast chicken, or even a freshly baked cake! – can be whipped up with ease. Explore what can be done with the recipe booklet that comes with both the R990N and R960N. The spacious 40 litre capacity and two-shelf system for layer cooking and speedier food preparation time makes cooking for a crowd as hassle-free as dinner for one. And the icing on the cake is that Sharp’s microwaves are energy efficient and kinder to the environment. For information on the Sharp R-990N or R-960N microwave ovens go to our website. For more information on Seartec’s many product offerings or for an obligation-free quote call 0800 474 277 or fill in our contact form to get a quote.