Environmental consciousness or going green is on every agenda currently, whether it is green initiatives from a business perspective or individuals passionate about conservation and recycling. With the sharp increase in public awareness, it is important for organisations to show how they are doing their part to minimise their impact on the environment.
Fortunately, Seartec – proud distributors of Sharp, have made it easy and convenient to go green with the built-in green printing features found in the Sharp range of multifunction copiers. Those concerned that using recycled toner cartridges, for example, will compromise on quality can rest assured that Seartec and Sharp apply the same high standards to their green features as to any other aspect of a Sharp copier, and the output remains crisp and clear. And, not only does going green show off a heart of gold, it can keep businesses in the black with huge reductions in expense. Sharp’s environmental initiatives and dedication to developing energy efficient document systems set a high standard for the industry.
Sharp MFPs boast advanced energy saving features
Energy saving technologies, such as those found in the Sharp MX-6500N/7500N decrease power consumption and maximise energy savings. All Sharp document systems are ENERGY STAR® qualified, which is an independent certification that guarantees energy conservation without compromising quality. Examples of Sharp’s energy saving features include:
- An LED exposure lamp reduces power significantly when compared to conventional exposure lamps
- A customizable seven-day power management scheduler allows businesses to define the days and times when power will be turned on and turned off
- Sharp’s Auto Power Management function allows the device to be set to shut off automatically based on usage trends
- Sharp’s Eco-Scan mode can shut off the fuser when scanning documents, previewing images, faxing and other operations Seartec applauds Sharp’s environmentally responsible approach to product design
- Sharp has designed micro-fine toner technology, which offers a lower consumption rate of toner and wastes less
- Sharp supplies are packaged using fully recyclable materials
- Sharp products are RoHS certified, complying with the Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) directive
Reduce waste and expense with Sharp’s toner recycling programme – Sharp offers zero-waste-to-landfill recycling for all Sharp consumables, including cartridges, bottles, toner collection containers and drum units. Sharp encourages customers to recycle their used Sharp toner cartridges in bulk by providing a pre-paid Recycling Kit for their return. Additionally, the second-generation Mycrostoner-HG, as is found in the Sharp MX-M623N, has a lower melting point than conventional toner allowing fusing to be carried out with less energy and offering a far lower rate of toner consumption.
Sharp is proud to be an environmental leader – Sharp is a multi-year winner of the ENERGY STAR® annual Excellence in Energy Proficiency Product Design and a multi-year winner of the SmartWays Excellence Award, which recognizes companies for conserving energy and lowering greenhouse gas emissions in logistics and transportation. Overall, when it comes to a product range with sophisticated environmental conservation measures and commitment to preserving the earth for generations to come, while still delivering premium results, Seartec is confident in recommending Sharp as the name to trust.